IMAGINING THE FUTURE
We live in disruptive times. When markets and society change in unprecedented, unpredictable ways, understanding the future is no longer a matter of extrapolating from the past. The future is created and has to be actively imagined.
DISRUPT.SYDNEY™, in its 5th year, is Australia’s first and oldest disruption conference. This year we invite our audience to join our speakers and facilitators in imagining the future of business and society, what implications emerging technologies bring and how organisations can cope with and be managed in such environments.
Imagination is not easy. Yet to truly lead in the future we must dare to imagine it. Imagination is an invitation to explore complex implications of dramatic change. It is also a provocation to imagine a radically different future.
DISRUPT.SYDNEY is brought to you by the Digital Disruption Research Group (DDRG) and Sydney Business Insights (SBI).
Highlights this year
- #meetmike – The Australia launch of ‘Digital Mike‘ a real-time rendered photo-realistic avatar that promises to redefine the future of VR
- A number speakers and workshops engage with the importance of including people in how we imagine the future with technology, see the workshop by DDRG partners Ripple Effect Group.
- Modern Governance for a Changing World – talk and workshop by Simon Neaverson (GovernRight)
- Jeongmin Seon (McKinsey Global Institute) talks about the stunning pace of digital in China
- DDRG partners Capgemini give a talk on innovation in consulting and facilitate a cracking workshop on the role of science fiction in imagining the future.
Watch the highlight from 2016 for a glimps of the energy that we create on the day:
If you are interested to relive the experience of the past years, visit the previous event websites, which host videos of all the talks, keynotes and plenary sessions: